BEEF AND ONION PIE
- Recipe Text size
- 40g butter
- 1 chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon yeast
- 150g plain flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 tbps. mustard seeds
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup of water
- 200g minced beef
- 1/2 tsp grinded pepper
- 2 tbsps. milk
- Salt to taste
- 1 chopped carrot
- 2 tbsps. caster sugar
- Add olive oil in a saucepan, heat up and stir in onions, carrots and beef.
- Continue frying until golden brown, then bring down from fire.
- Add yeast, flour and other seasonings.
- Add 3 tbsps. of water and simmer for 5mins before bringing down from fire.
- To make the pastry, add flour, milk, sugar, salt, egg and butter in a clean bowl.
- Mix and knead thoroughly to form a dough.
- Preheat oven to 150-200oC
- Sprinkle flour on the kneading board and roll out pastry well enough to cover the base of the baking pan.
- Add the minced beef fillings over the pan.
- Then roll out the remaining pastry and use it to cover the fillings ensuring to press the edges well enough to seal it properly.
- Pierce the top with fork and brush with milk or egg.
- Bake until golden brown and serve either warm or cold.
Rate this recipe
2 People Rated This Recipe
- (5 / 5)
- (5 / 1)
HI THERE.. IT IS GREAT TO MEET YOU.. Cooking is a passion I developed at a very tender age from my mum and this online platform is where I aim to ...Read more about this chef..
HI! LOVELY TO MEET YOUI'm Blessing, a researcher and blogger living in the UK. Join me on this journey to discover, share and grow knowledge on recipes for life from around the globe. Read more...
Subscribe to Global Food Book's email updates and get a FREE eBook on benefits of organic food.