HALEP KEBAB SAUCE
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Total Time
- Difficulty Level Advanced
- Recipe Text size
- For Shish Kofte
- 1 kg lean ground beef or lamb
- 1 grated onion
- 1 mashed garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 tsp red pepper
- 1 bunch of parsley (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 2 slices of Turkish or Italian bread soaked in water and properly squeezed
- For Garnish: 1/2 tsp butter, Cayenne pepper and red pepper, 2 pides thinly cut
- For Yogurt Sauce: 1/2 cup of plain yogurt at room temperature, 1/2 mashed garlic with salt
- For Tomato Sauce: 1/2 cup tinned tomato, 2 tsp olive oil, salt and pepper
- Using hands, mix all the kofte condiments together.
- Starting from the tip of the skewer, skewer a fist-sized ball.
- Flatten it on the skewer so that it is thin and properly squeezed.
- Preheat the oven to 150-200 oC.
- Keep the skewers on the rack (ensure the skewers are properly turned so that the meat can cook properly.
- Use a whisker to whisk the yogurt sauce ingredients (set aside).
- Cook the tomato sauce with listed ingredients (set aside)
- Put pieces of pides in a plate and place kebabs as well.
- Add yogurt and tomato sauce over the kebab.
- Add butter in a pan, melt and add in the pepper.
- Turn the mixture very well and serve.
Rate this recipe
2 People Rated This Recipe
- (5 / 5)
- (5 / 1)
HI THERE.. IT IS GREAT TO MEET YOU.. Cooking is a passion I developed at a very tender age from my mum and this online platform is where I aim to ...Read more about this chef..
HI! LOVELY TO MEET YOUI'm Blessing, a researcher and blogger living in the UK. Join me on this journey to discover, share and grow knowledge on recipes for life from around the globe. Read more...
Subscribe to Global Food Book's email updates and get a FREE eBook on benefits of organic food.