What a soothing starter drink for early mornings as well as a perfect drink to cool down our bodies during these sunny summer days!
If I can read your mind perfectly clear, you might be bombarding me with questions such as; why drink lemon and mint as a detox? What makes this drink ideal as the first early morning drink? Or probably, why take this drink on sunny and hot days? These questions and possibly more, does not need to bother you as studies reveal that both lemons and mint herbs are packed with several incredible nutrients and vitamins that are super beneficial to our body. Thus this colourful and tasteful drink is an ideal drink to be taken first thing every morning.
Although some people begin their days with a glass of water (just as I do especially in the absence of detox drinks), however some other people tend to begin theirs with a glass of lemon and mint water or cucumber and lemon water etc. There are gazillions of detox drinks out there and it might interest you to know that drinking these types of special drinks goes a long way in flushing out free radicals and toxins from our body systems. Lemon and mint detox water is a brilliant drink that is ideal for consumption every morning on an empty stomach. The drink is a very healthy one and it is very effective in detoxifying our body system as well as facilitates healthy body system. This detox water is also very effective in facilitating easy digestion of food.
To make this lemon and mint detox water, I first of all visited the farmers market and choose really fresh lemons and mint leaves, then I washed and sliced the lemons before adding in a jug of water. The lemon is paired with a perfect blend of fresh mint and some honey drops for some flavorsome tastes. The mint leaves sift out all the flavour and aroma because the mint leaves are very aromatic. You can bet me that I really enjoyed the drink because pouring honey over the lemon and mint water makes it easily drinkable, but that doesn’t mean that one can’t drink it without honey! In fact with or without honey, this lemon and mint detox drink is right on point.
This detox water is super refreshing and energizing! To a larger extent, this drink helps to kick-start the functioning of our body after our night sleep. It also helps to keep our body refreshed and hydrated if taken during mid-day especially on a sunny summer day but it’s preferably taken first thing every morning. So in that case, all you need to do is prepare the drink in a large quantity that can serve for up to 3 days, store in the fridge and drink every morning. This lemon and mint detox drink is an excellent healthy body cleanser that exhibits some diuretic effect on our body, therefore it is highly recommended for a healthier body system.
This detox water is a perfect way of pairing up natural ingredients so enjoy some great tastes and flavours from natural products rather than the gazillions of high calorie drinks out there. Whether you are looking for a replacement drink for your morning coffee or a perfect flavoured drink to sip throughout the day, then this lemon and mint detox drink perfectly fits the bill for you.
Health Benefits of Drinking Lemon and Mint Detox Water
1. This detox drink helps to relieve digestion problems such as bloating, nausea, stomach ache, heartburn and constipation.
2. Both lemon and mint are an excellent source of vitamin C, thus this drink helps to rejuvenate the skin, clears skin disorders and enhances a glowing looking skin.
3. Both lemon and mint has natural cooling properties thus the drink helps to cool down the body as well as keep the body hydrated.
Both lemon and mint has antibacterial properties thus drinking this detox water will help to cure throat infections such as tonsillitis and sore throat.
4. Both lemon and mints are an excellent blood cleanser thus drinking this detox water helps one to shed excess fat and maintain a healthy body weight.
5. Lemon and mint detox drink also helps to eliminate waste products and toxins from our body systems.
6. Due to the high potassium content of mint and lemon, this detox drink can help to regulate high blood pressure.
7. The presence of phytonutrients, Vitamin C and antioxidants in this lemon and mint detox water helps to maintain a healthy immune system.
I hope you find this drink worthy of drinking every morning, so give it a try for a healthier you 😉