Ofe akwu is a special local stew prepared with local spices and scent leaves which gives it a distinguishing taste and aroma.
Ofe akwu and rice are often served together.
Globalfoodbook has detailed the easiest method of cooking this delicacy.
Simply enjoy it, much as I do!!!
- 1/2 kg palm kernel fruits or 200g tin of concentrated palm fruit
- 2 cups of rice
- Assorted meat, Dried fish
- 1 handful of crayfish
- 2 onions, 1 pepper
- 2 maggi cubes,
- Salt to taste, 1 ogiri okpei
- For cooking the rice, simply follow the steps outlined in boiled <a href='//globalfoodbook.com/recipe-items/white-rice/'> white rice</a> recipe.
- Follow the <a href='//globalfoodbook.com/recipe-items/ofe-akwu/'>ofe akwu</a> recipe to cook the stew.
- Put rice in a plate, top up with ofe akwu and enjoy your palatable dish.
Rate this recipe
1 People Rated This Recipe
- (4.00 / 1)