Plantain cue is a popular Philippine recipe.
It is prepared by coating the plantain with brown sugar before frying or baking.
However, it is optional to fry without coating with sugar.
People from the African continent, prefer frying the plantain cue without sugar.
My Filipino friend came on a visit to my house and I decided to make a quick plantain Cue with her. #SoYummy#
Everyone is encouraged to share their own style of making plantain cue here so that we can learn from each other.
- 2 Plantains
- Salt to taste
- 3 tbs. of brown sugar
- Vegetable oil
- Cut plantains into portions and add salt to taste.
- Heat up vegetable oil in a saucepan and ensure to reduce heat.
- Add plantains into the oil ensuring that the plantains are not lying on each other.
- Then sprinkle brown sugar over the plantain and allow it to caramelise.
- Once the sugar has caramelised, turn the plantain over to the opposite side.
- Sprinkle brown sugar again to caramelise the opposite side.
- Allow to fry until golden brown and then scoop out from oil.
- Serve warm or cold.
Rate this recipe
2 People Rated This Recipe
- (5.00 / 2)