Beef and onion pie is a very easy snack to prepare.
I enjoy making it with crusty pastry.
This classic savoury beef pie snack is just a perfect recipe for the family.
- 40g butter
- 1 chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon yeast
- 150g plain flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 tbps. mustard seeds
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup of water
- 200g minced beef
- 1/2 tsp grinded pepper
- 2 tbsps. milk
- Salt to taste
- 1 chopped carrot
- 2 tbsps. caster sugar
- Add olive oil in a saucepan, heat up and stir in onions, carrots and beef.
- Continue frying until golden brown, then bring down from fire.
- Add yeast, flour and other seasonings.
- Add 3 tbsps. of water and simmer for 5mins before bringing down from fire.
- To make the pastry, add flour, milk, sugar, salt, egg and butter in a clean bowl.
- Mix and knead thoroughly to form a dough.
- Preheat oven to 150-200oC
- Sprinkle flour on the kneading board and roll out pastry well enough to cover the base of the baking pan.
- Add the minced beef fillings over the pan.
- Then roll out the remaining pastry and use it to cover the fillings ensuring to press the edges well enough to seal it properly.
- Pierce the top with fork and brush with milk or egg.
- Bake until golden brown and serve either warm or cold.
Rate this recipe
1 People Rated This Recipe
- (5.00 / 1)