Chinese rice has always been my favourite selection anytime I make a visit to a Chinese restaurant.
My likeness for this delicacy resulted in my curiosity on finding out the simple steps of making this meal.
Many thanks to my Chinese friends who showed me the easiest way of preparing this menu and since then I've not looked back.
I do prepare this special rice for my family and anytime I have special guests in my house.
Follow the simple steps outlined below and you will join the league of big time enjoyment of Chinese treat.
- 1 cup of rice
- 4 tbsps. vegetable oil
- 2 tbsps. soy sauce
- 2 tsps. sesame oil
- 1 whisked egg
- 1 thinly sliced spring onions
- 1 thinly cut carrot
- 1 chopped onion bulb
- 1 thinly cut boneless chicken or meat of choice
- 50g green peas
- 1 chopped ginger
- 1 chopped garlic
- 1 thinly cut celery
- 1 stock cube
- salt to taste
- 1/4 broccoli
- 1 cup of sweet corn
- Wash, season and cook meat until tender.
- Allow meat to cool down then cut into tiny bits (set aside).
- Meanwhile parboil rice, decant starchy water and wash properly.
- Add rice back in the pot and cook until slightly tender then bring down from fire.
- Add vegetable oil in the saucepan and allow to heat up.
- Stir in onions, whisked egg, garlic, ginger, broccoli, corn, carrot, celery, spring onions, peas and any other vegetable of choice.
- Simmer for 4mins then stir in the chopped meat then add soy sauce, sesame oil and salt to taste.
- Then add the mixture into rice and stir very well.
- Bring down from fire and serve.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 0)