Halep kebab is a Turkish recipe.
It is often served with pitta bread and garnished with salad.
- 1For Shish Kofte
- 11 kg lean ground beef or lamb
- 11 grated onion
- 11 mashed garlic
- 11/2 tsp salt
- 11 Egg
- 11/2 tsp red pepper
- 11 bunch of parsley (chopped)
- 11/2 tsp cumin
- 12 slices of Turkish or Italian bread soaked in water and properly squeezed
- 2For 1/2 tsp butter, Cayenne pepper and red pepper, 2 pides thinly cut
- 2For Yogurt 1/2 cup of plain yogurt at room temperature, 1/2 mashed garlic with salt
- 2For Tomato 1/2 cup tinned tomato, 2 tsp olive oil, salt and pepper
- Using hands, mix all the kofte condiments together.
- Starting from the tip of the skewer, skewer a fist-sized ball.
- Flatten it on the skewer so that it is thin and properly squeezed.
- Preheat the oven to 150-200 oC.
- Keep the skewers on the rack (ensure the skewers are properly turned so that the meat can cook properly.
- Use a whisker to whisk the yogurt sauce ingredients (set aside).
- Cook the tomato sauce with listed ingredients (set aside)
- Put pieces of pides in a plate and place kebabs as well.
- Add yogurt and tomato sauce over the kebab.
- Add butter in a pan, melt and add in the pepper.
- Turn the mixture very well and serve.
Rate this recipe
2 People Rated This Recipe
- (3.00 / 2)