Khoresht Gheimeh is a Persian and Mesopotamian stew basically prepared with ingredients such as potatoes, split peas, meat, tomatoes, onion and lemon.
However, for this particular Khoresht Gheimeh dish, I decided to tweak the original recipe so instead of using split peas, I used whole peas but the most important thing is that the dish still came out very well. My family loves Khoresht Gheimeh so well and I believe everyone else does.
Khoresht Gheimeh is the type of dish you will enjoy eating for either breakfast, lunch, dinner or at any time of the day. One good thing about the Khoresht Gheimeh is that you can use any type of meat that suits your taste bud for a delightful meal.
The tip of the icebarg with Khoresht Gheimeh is garnishing it with fried potatoes and you can never,,, never,, never,,, go wrong with both the aroma and the taste. I urge you to try out this recipe.
- 1/2 Cup Yellow Peas (split or whole)
- 2 tsps. vegetable oil
- 7 cherry tomatoes (blended)
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp. chilli powder
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- Slightly heat up the vegetable oil in a saucepan, stir in the chopped onions and fry until golden brown.
- Wash the meat and add into the fried onions and boil until tender.
- Add in cinnamon, chilli powder, turmeric and salt to taste.
- Add the blended tomatoes, peas, lemon juice and water then cook until the peas and meat becomes tender.
- Ensure that the stew has thickened as well or you can add more water as you desire if you don't want it too thick.
- Bring down from fire and set aside.
- Meanwhile, peel and cut the potatoes into chips and fry until golden in colour.
- Scoop out from oil into a sieve to drain excess oil.
- Garnish the Khoresht-e Gheimeh with potato chips and serve with rice or as desired.
Rate this recipe
1 People Rated This Recipe
- (5.00 / 1)