White rice is a common name given to milled rice whose germ, husk and bran have been removed.
This process of refinement tends to alter its appearance, taste and texture hence minimises spoilage.
The milling process however, ensures that the rice is properly polished thereby giving it white and bright appearance.
White rice is very easy to cook and can be enjoyed with stew or tomato sauce.
While cooking rice, it is very important to parboil it so as to get rid of the starchy water.
- Add 1 cup of water in the pot and bring to boil.
- Wash a cup of rice and add to the boiling water.
- Parboil the rice for 6 minutes.
- Bring down from fire and wash properly.
- Ensure to discard all the starchy water from the parboiled rice.
- Put the rice back in the pot and add 1/2 cup boiling water.
- Ensure that the water slightly covers the rice.
- Add a pinch of salt salt and cook until the rice is tender.
- Bring down from fire and serve with stew or tomato sauce.
Rate this recipe
1 People Rated This Recipe
- (5.00 / 1)