Cocada amarela recipe is a popular Angolan dessert mainly prepared with eggs and grated coconut. This recipe is characterised by a unique yellowish colour as a result of the large amount of egg yolks being used during the preparation.
The Cocada amarela recipe is very easy to prepare, healthy and super delicious. This yellow pudding is just a perfect dessert and you can't just beat the aroma and taste.
Honestly, while I was preparing this pudding, my hubby was forced to say... Blessing, you and your cooking practicals...... which country is this recipe from? Like the normal me, I had to start my usual explanations...
Anyways, that aside... I am happy that this Cocada amarela recipe is not a difficult one and this particular pudding came out very attractive and nice. I also added more feature to this dessert by using some dressing cream to design it. I urge you to try it out and you will love it.
- 100ml water
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. dried powdered cloves
- 100g desiccated coconut or 1 coconut (grated)
- 3 eggs
- 1/8 tsp. dry coriander (optional)
- Dressing cream (optional)
- Add sugar, cloves, coriander and water into a saucepan and allow to boil under medium heat.
- Continue stirring until the sugar has thoroughly dissolved.
- Then allow the mixture to boil for at least 10 mins to form a syrup.
- Remove from heat and set the syrup aside.
- Break the eggs into a clean bowl and ensure to separate the yolks from the albumen.
- Add salt into the egg yolks and whisk together until thickened.
- Stir in the grated coconut, add the syrup and mix properly.
- Return the saucepan to a medium heat and pour the mixture into the saucepan.
- Continue stirring constantly until the pudding is thickened.
- Remember not to overcook the pudding, then bring down from heat once done.
- Serve either warm or cold, dressed with some cream.
Rate this recipe
1 People Rated This Recipe
- (5.00 / 1)