Lemon rice is a South Indian delicacy which is very easy to prepare.
Lemon rice is best garnished with lemon and vegetables.
I had the opportunity to eat this dish at my Indian friend's house.
I decided to cook the lemon rice in my house using the recipe my friend gave to me and I never regretted it.
I enjoy it more without the peanuts however, it is optional to either use or not to use peanuts in the preparation.
It is a very palatable dish and it is worthwhile cooking it on your own.
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 cup of cooked Basmati rice
- 3 tbsps. vegetable oil
- 1/2 tbsp. mustard seeds
- 2 curry leaves
- 1 green pepper
- 1 grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1 lemon cut into pieces
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp. roasted peanuts
- 1 sliced tomato
- 1 sliced onion
- Roast and powder the coriander seeds (Keep aside).
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and stir in the onions, ginger, green pepper, mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Stir for 3 mins then add the peanuts and continue stirring.
- Add the turmeric powder and lemon juice then stir well.
- Then add the roasted coriander powder, rice and salt to taste.
- Turn very well and bring down from fire.
- Garnish with sliced tomatoes and lemon then serve.
Rate this recipe
1 People Rated This Recipe
- (4.00 / 1)