Doughnuts are fried dough confectionery popular in different countries.
It can be made in diverse ways such as sweet snack bought from shops, bakeries, supermarkets or food stalls.
Doughnuts are often fried with deep fryer and flour dough and can be prepared without a hole, filled with jam or custard or ring-shaped.
Sugar, maple glazing or chocolates can be used as topping. Also doughnuts contain leavening, eggs, milk, sugar,water, oil and flavors.
- 1 5g sachet of dried active baking yeast
- 40ml warm water
- 50ml lukewarm milk
- 60g caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 egg.
- 30g butter
- 75g (3 oz) butter 60ml hot water or as needed
- 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2L frying oil
- 1/2 kg plain flour
- Add yeast in the warm water and allow it to stand until foamy.
- Mix milk, sugar, salt, eggs, yeast butter and flour together in a clean bowl with a spatula.
- Keep mixing and adding flour until the dough is no longer sticky.
- Continue kneading until very smooth.
- Put dough in a greased bowl and cover with thin wrapping film.
- Allow to stand in a warm area until it has properly risen.
- Place the dough on a floured surface and make a sizeable roll.
- Use a floured round cutter to cut out.
- Allow doughnuts to continue rising again until doubled.
- Heat up frying oil in a deep fryer then add doughnuts into the oil.
- Turn the doughnuts at intervals on both sides until golden brown.
- Scoop out doughnuts from oil and drain excess oil
- Sprinkle sugar, chocolate or any topping of choice.
Rate this recipe
1 People Rated This Recipe
- (4.50 / 1)