Last week, I showed how to make an easy omelette..... Now it is time to go the hard way.
Let me introduce the hard boiled eggs which I think is the easiest egg recipe because it only requires you to add the eggs in a pot of boiling water and the deed is done within few minutes.
Some people prefer soft boiled eggs but I usually go for the hard ones and the only difference is that the later is usually cooked for a longer period of time than the initial.
Moreover, it is ideal to cook your eggs longer so that it will be properly done thereby minimizing your risk of consuming salmonella bacteria present in the eggs.
Remember that these bacterias are disease causing organism which are potentially harmful to our health. So I believe it will cause you no harm to ensure that your eggs are properly cooked before consumption.
Let me share this tip with you!
Once you are done boiling your eggs, I recommend you dip them in cold water for few minutes before peeling. This method facilitates easy removal of the shell from the egg white (albumen) in order words, easily separates the egg white from the shell.
Health benefits of eggs
1) The presence of choline in eggs, helps in the regulation of the functioning of the cardiovascular system, brain and nervous system.
2) Eggs are rich sources of protein, amino acids, vitamin A, B6, B12, Vitamin D, Iron, Calcium and Magnesium which are highly recommended for the efficient functioning of the body.
3) Eggs also contain zeaxanthin and lutein which are very helpful in reducing the risk of developing cataracts.
4) The high constituent of sulphur, vitamins and minerals in eggs, promote the healthy growing of hair and nails.
5) The high carotenoid contents in eggs such as lutein and zeaxanthin prevent macular degeneraton of eyes.
6) Some researchers suggest that regular consumption of eggs can be very helpful in preventing health challenges such as blood clots, stroke, and heart attacks.
- 2 eggs
- Grinded dry pepper
- Dry chives
- Wash and add the eggs in a pot of boiling water.
- Allow to cook for at least 20 Mins or until properly done.
- Bring down from heat and dip in cold water for few minutes.
- Peel the shell and serve garnished as desired.
- For this recipe, I garnished mine with grounded dry pepper and dry chives leaves.
Rate this recipe
2 People Rated This Recipe
- (5.00 / 2)