These minced beef meat pies were great! I was able to get the necessary ingredients needed so decided to make them. This meat pie recipe has virtually most of the ingredients that I usually keep on hand. As a result, it took less time to put everything together for some delightful pies. Soft, buttery, good texture and aromatic flavour!
I don't have a long epistle to write for this recipe, just see the detailed recipe below or watch the video. Treat yourself and your loved ones to these delightful yummies!
Watch the video on how to bake the perfect meat pie!
- Ingredients for Meat pie Dough
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup water
- 150ml cold milk
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1kg All-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp sugar (optional)
- 1 egg to glaze & seal the pie
- 0.34kg unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1Ingredients for the Fillings
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp flour
- ½ tsp thyme
- 3 tbsp veg oil
- 800g ground beef
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1 knorr stock cube
- 2 tsp curry powder
- ½ cup water (for mixing the flour)
- 1½ cups water for cooking the fillings
- To make the pastry in a food Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl.
- Add butter and mix until you get the texture of fine breadcrumbs. Mix on low if using a stand mixer for 5 mins then gradually increase the speed until you get the texture of fine breadcrumbs (another 5 mins.
- With the stand mixer running, slowly drizzle in the cold milk and water until it forms a ball.
- Place the dough onto a floured surface and shape it into a ball.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Cut the dough into smaller pieces, return them into a plastic bag to avoid drying out and then roll each of them on a floured surface respectively.
- Cut them into desired shapes with a meat pie cutter and rub egg whites on the edges.
- Scoop the meat fillings into the pies and seal.
- Poke the top of the pies and afterwards, egg-wash the surface of the pies.
- Bake in a preheated oven of 350oF for 30mins.
- Bring out the meat pies from the oven, allow them to cool down before serving.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 0)