I may have posted a similar tilapia fish recipe few days ago, but permit me to re-emphasize that I love fish and I am a big fish fan as you could possibly tell from the last one I just made for my family. Since fish is something that can be eaten at anytime of the year, so I try to fit it in as many different recipes as I can.
Since I am a huge fish fan, I couldn't resist a grilled tilapia fish dish of course. I decided to garnish it with some fried plantains and few vegetables, one of my admirable combinations. Apart from the above mentioned, I spiced-up the tilapia fish with some mixed spices, blended bell peppers and tomatoes,,,, these blend of ingredients are loaded with the perfect bunch of flavor which is enjoyable all year long.
The blend of ingredients, coupled with the plantains and salad made this grilled tilapia very enticing and fanciful. Tip for this grilled tilapia fish recipe....... just the right blend of spices which is customizable to your taste bud makes a perfect dish for you.
I don't know about you, but permit me to say that I love plantain so much! Apart from the numerous nutritive contents, I enjoy the sweet and fantastic taste this fruit renders. It can be eaten fresh or fried but preferably fried for me.
Frying your plantain takes no time and requires no special skills, just peel the plantain skin and slice the plantains up into desired sizes and shapes before frying. Even if you don't have any plantain or salads for garnishing, how about enjoying your delicious tilapia fish without these adds?
Some people prefer their fried plantains lightly coloured but as you can see from the picture below, I prefer mine golden colour in appearance. Frying it properly, draws out all the taste and aroma you can think of and it is noteworthy that fried plantains can be used as side dish for any main meal you can think of.....NAME IT!
Believe you me, whichever way you envisage to enjoy your fish, just go for it and I can bet your decision won't be wrong. Whichever method you choose and whatever ingredients you like and have available, go for it......That's a unique feature I admire so much about tilapia fish, they are super easy to prepare! Above all, tilapia fish is very healthy and tasteful in nature. So go ahead and enjoy yourself.
- 2 tilapia fish
- 4 fresh tomatoes
- 4 bell peppers
- Salt to taste
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 4 tsps. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. mixed spices
- 1 chilli pepper
- 1 ginger
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic
- FOR GARNISHING
- Fresh salad
- Fried plantains
- Blend the tomatoes, bell peppers, chilli pepper, garlic, ginger and onions together.
- Sieve out water from the blended mixture and then set aside.
- Slightly heat up oil, stir in salt and then the blended mixture.
- Add the chicken stock cube and mixed spices then fry until the sauce is done, then bring down from heat.
- Wash the tilapia fish thoroughly and then rub part of the sauce all over the tilapia fish both internally and externally.
- Place in a clean bowl and leave in the fridge for at least 3hrs, 30 minutes to marinate.
- Then bring out from the fridge and grill until the fish is properly cooked.
- Bring out from the grill and then serve warm, garnished with the remaining sauce, plantains and salad.
Rate this recipe
1 People Rated This Recipe
- (5.00 / 1)