Today, it’s a pleasure to share a delectable egg recipe from a fellow blogger Padma who blogs over at masalakorb where she shares amazing Indian food recipes.
Interestingly, she shares wonderful and aromatic food recipes, which have ever been used in her family, adding her magical touch to the recipes which makes her dishes super delicious.
She took her time to show some detailed steps of preparing this amazing egg curry in spicy onion tomato gravy which you can find the full recipe via Egg Curry Spicy.
Egg curry in spicy onion tomato gravy basically requires two steps which involves-
- Boiling the eggs
- Preparing onion tomato gravy
Let’s go through each of these steps:
- Add the eggs in a pot with water and boil over medium heat until done.
- Add one teaspoon of salt while boiling the eggs, so that the eggs will remain soft even if they are over-boiled.
- Blanch eggs in cold water once boiled and allow to cool down before peeling.
- Make small slits with a knife on the outer layer or use a fork to pierce the peeled eggs which enables the eggs to properly absorb the flavors once added in the gravy.
Onion Tomato Gravy:
- Then it’s time to peel the garlic skins and then finely chop the onions, tomatoes and green chillies.
- Heat up oil in a pan over medium heat before adding the mustard seeds.
- Once the mustard seeds splutter, add chopped onions, garlic pods and green chillies.
- Sauté until onions start to turn light brown.
- Then stir in the chopped tomatoes.
- Sprinkle some salt, sugar and sauté for 5 minutes till the tomatoes become soft and mushy.
- Then add red chilli powder, turmeric powder and mix well.
- Sauté for another 5 minutes until the raw smell disappears and all the spices blend well to get a thick gravy.
- Then add the boiled eggs in the gravy with few curry leaves and allow to a simmer for 2 minutes before turning off the heat.
- Finally sprinkle some garam masala powder, garnish with coriander and serve with steamed rice, paratha, dosa, roti and idli.