Today, I am sharing a simple but yet a delicious and amazing Southern fired catfish recipe. When you think of a good fish recipe, think of Southern fried catfish!
The flour, cornmeal and breadcrumbs coating is just a perfect combo for the catfish, and it's super easy to make. The warming spiciness of seasonings mixed with the coating is just a perfect match.
Mix all the necessary ingredients and then evenly coat the catfish with the mixture for a perfect fish fries you can ever think of.
Over the past months, I have been eating more fish than meat..... Since I absolutely love fish, this Southern fried catfish is just a no brainer for me. Although any kind of fish is okay for any fish fries, I am not just picky.
There are several fish recipes out there but it is important that you choose a recipe that you are quite comfortable to prepare. It doesn't matter how you choose to prepare yours but most importantly, make sure they come out perfectly well and delicious.
- Vegetable oil
- 100ml water
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 catfish (cut)
- 1/2 cup fine cornmeal
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- In a clean bowl, add breadcrumbs, buttermilk, cornflour, water, pepper and salt to taste, then mix properly.
- Use mixture to coat the catfish evenly and then leave for at least 15 minutes to marinate.
- Heat up vegetable oil in a deep fryer and dip the coated catfish to fry.
- Allow to fry until golden brown and crispy.
- Scoop out the fried fish from the oil and place on kitchen paper towels to drain excess oil.
- Serve warm as desired.
Rate this recipe
1 People Rated This Recipe
- (5.00 / 1)