Fried rice recipe is a popular American Chinese cuisine comprised of steamed rice stir-fried in a saucepan and often mixed with vegetables and chopped meats.
As a homemade dish, fried rice is basically made with vegetables such as carrots, green peas, cabbage, onions, spring onions and sweet corn etc.
Many countries have their various methods of cooking fried rice but a common similarity is that all fried rice dishes are made with one sort of fresh vegetable or the other.
Also different countries have varying colours of fried rice, ranging from dark brown to yellowish and greenish appearances however, whichever colour one chooses, the dish is ever palatable.
Preparation of fried rice
Firstly the meat is seasoned, boiled and set aside.
The rice is then parboiled before cooking with meat broth, powdered curry, turmeric and seasonings. It is noteworthy that using curry and turmeric powder basically gives this dish a characteristic colourful appearance.
Afterwards, oil is heated up in a saucepan followed by stirring in of chopped onions and chopped meats before the assorted vegetables.
It is often stir-fried properly with vegetable oil to minimise sticking, as well as giving it aromatic flavours. Then afterwards, the fried vegetables are mixed with the rice and waaaooooohhh...... all ready to be served.
Fried rice can be served as a side dish or a course meal and can be garnished with salads and fried meats.
We hope you enjoy our recipe, however feel free to submit your recipe here.
- 1 cup of rice
- 1kg Lamb ribs & chicken
- 1 Chopped onion bulb
- 1 cut onion spring
- 1 chopped garlic & ginger each
- Vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 green & red bell pepper each
- 1 cup of sweet corn
- 1 cup of green peas
- 1/2 tsb. of powdered curry
- 1/2 tsb. of turmeric
- Stock cube
- 1 chopped carrot
- Few thinly cut cauliflower
- 1 quartered fresh tomato
- Wash and season meat with onions, spices and salt then allow to cook until tender.
- Heat up vegetable in a saucepan or deep fryer and fry the cooked meats.
- Meanwhile, Parboil rice by boiling for 5mins and then draining starchy water out.
- Afterwards, add parboiled rice in a pot, pour in the meat broth, add curry, turmeric, stock cube, pepper and salt to taste.
- Add water to the rice slightly above the rice level, stir and allow to cook until done.
- Heat up oil in a saucepan, stir in onions, garlic, ginger then thinly cut part of the meat and stir in the saucepan as well.
- Allow to fry until golden brown then stir in the assorted vegetables and fry for another 5mins.
- Then pour the mixture into the the cooked rice and stir properly.
- Bring down from fire and serve garnished with fresh tomato and fried meat.
Rate this recipe
1 People Rated This Recipe
- (5.00 / 1)