Tomato is botanically a fruit, and also regarded as a vegetable for culinary reasons and as cooking ingredient in various recipes, several dishes and sauces. Tomato stew is super delicious and mouthwatering.
It can be consumed in various ways such as raw in salads, in stew or assorted dishes, it is now globally grown due to its edible fruits.
Tomatoes do vary in size, and appearance and some examples include; grape tomatoes, cherry, beefsteak, plum and campari.
Various continents use tomato for different reasons and cuisines example, tomato is the main ingredient for making pizza and are commonly used in pasta, rice sauces and as tomato stew.
They have high nutritional contents such as vitamin A, C, carotene lycopene, and antioxidant useful for healthy body system.
Tomatoes are better preserved at room temperature unwashed and out of direct sunlight.
- Meat and Fish
- 1 kg fresh tomatoes
- 1 Chilli pepper
- 1/2 Garlic
- 1/2 Ginger
- 1 Tinned tomato (Optional)
- 2 Maggi cubes
- Salt (to taste)
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion
- Spices (optional)
- Wash and blend the tomatoes, pepper, ginger and garlic.
- Boil the meat and fish (set aside)
- Slice the onions.
- Add vegetable oil in the frying pan and allow to heat up.
- Add a pinch of salt and onions and stir for few minutes
- Add the blended tomatoes,pepper, ginger and garlic and stir.
- Continue frying until the most of the water from the frying stew has evaporated.
- Add the boiled meat and fish.
- Add spices and salt to taste.
- Cover the pot and allow to cook properly.
- Bring down from fire and serve with rice.
Rate this recipe
1 People Rated This Recipe
- (4.00 / 1)